SEO can be a very beneficial marketing strategy for small businesses to be outstanding among competitors. But to plan, implement, and track SEO activities, one needs the assistance of the right SEO tools. Even though many such tools are available, choosing the perfect one for different analysis purposes can be confusing.
Our team has performed detailed research to come up with these 30 best SEO tools that small businesses can use to enhance their SEO efforts. We will discuss below everything you need to know about them, including their features and pricing. These SEO tools take on the burden for you by helping you identify areas of improvement, potentially boosting your website's organic rankings and traffic.
Before we discuss this any further, you must first understand what are the factors that small businesses must consider while choosing any tool for SEO
Factors To Consider When Choosing an SEO Tool For Small Business
While some of the tools are more specialized, offering niche solutions, several others are comprehensive in nature. So, you must always use a tool based on your SEO requirements.
Here are some things to think about while selecting the finest SEO software for your company
- Keyword research and monitoring capabilities for a specific geographical location you serve.
- Tools for checking and evaluating the ranks and backlinks of competitors' websites.
- Tools to audit a website’s technical, on-page, and off-page SEO issues to optimize your website for search engines.
- Tools for managing and maintaining local complaints and company listings.
- Tools for keeping tabs on your internet reputation and reviews.
- The ability to assess the performance of a website's traffic and content.
- The ability to generate reports in order to monitor your SEO performance.
30 Best SEO Tools For Small Business
To simplify your SEO campaign, we have categorized the tools based on their respective strengths in performing various tasks such as keyword research, website technical analysis, backlink analysis, and tracking SEO KPIs. This division allows you to easily access the tools you need for each specific purpose.
Let's get started.
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a cost-effective all-in-one SEO software that includes keyword rank trackers, website audits, keyword analysis tools, link tracking, competition analysis, and other features.
With its customizable price options and comprehensive functionality, this is a perfect SEO tool for small businesses. It offers a wide range of features in a single platform, making it a convenient one-stop tool for any small business owners and SEO professionals.
- Ability to perform extensive keywords and competitor analysis for finding better keyword and backlink opportunities.
- Invaluable website audits, as well as recommendations for solutions for on-page, off-page, and technical SEO.
- This SEO tool has a one-of-a-kind page change tracking feature, allowing you to set up notifications for any changes to your company's website or competitor's websites.
- Ability to create and schedule thorough SEO reports.
- Measure social media metrics and let's publish content on Facebook and Twitter.
SE Ranking offers three set monthly or yearly plans, each with multiple price choices based on the requirements and subscription time. The annual billing option provides a 20% discount on the regular price. Additionally, there is a one-month free trial available, although it offers limited features. The plans available for annual billing are as follows:
- Essential: $31.20/mo
- Pro: $71.20/mo
- Business: $151.20/mo
2. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is an all-in-one SEO tool for small and mid-sized businesses. Features like site inspections, rank monitoring, and local SEO reporting from Moz are superior. Moz Pro has a tool, that suggests the best phrases to target for better rankings. The Link Explorer by Moz lets you monitor and analyze your backlinks, linking domains, keywords associated with links, etc.
- Discover new topics and queries that your target audience is searching.
- Moz's Search Visibility score helps to track local and national searches and get an overall view of how you rank.
- Receive alerts when your pages are crawled and audited for bugs and faults.
- Drag-and-drop modules for customizing reports and templates.
Moz Pro offers four subscription levels for both monthly and annual billing. If you choose the annual billing option, you can save 20% on the regular monthly prices. Here are the annual plans and pricing:
- Basic: $79 per month — For inexperienced SEOs and digital marketers.
- Medium (for small enterprises and teams): $143 per month
- Large: $239 per month — For expanding companies and agencies.
- Premium: $479 per month — For large marketing teams and agencies.
SemRush is among the top small business SEO tools in the industry and is also one of the best SEO audit softwares. SemRush offers a range of SEO software that includes, backlink analysis, competition analysis, site auditing, keyword rank tracking, and more.
- Semrush has a great database for finding new keyword opportunities linked to your business niche, including projected local SEO volumes and the difficulty of the terms to rank.
- It provides a comprehensive on-page site audit to ensure that your site pages are optimized for search engines.
- Find new chances by searching, analyzing, and comparing competitor sites in your niche or business in terms of keyword ranks, backlinks, and predicted site traffic.
- Create SEO reports for one and/or your employees that are automatically generated.
- Semrush is a profile management add-on that delivers your public business information to directory sites, allows us to manage your Google and Facebook listings from within the program, and keeps track of reviews and customer recommendations.
- Semrush is a suggested collection of SEO tools for small businesses looking for a comprehensive set of tools and services that includes industry-leading keyword analysis, rank tracking, and competition data.
Semrush provides three fixed subscription options for both monthly and yearly billing. With annual billing, you can save up to 17% compared to the monthly prices. Further, Semrush offers a 7-day trial offer to explore their platform, making it a suitable choice as a small business SEO tool. Here are the subscription options and pricing:
- Pro: $119.95 per month for in-house teams and new advertisers.
- Guru: $229.95 per month for small businesses and marketing consultants
- Business: $449.95 for major agencies or organizations.
Ahrefs is one of the best SEO software for small businesses that is widely used across the globe. It is a great resource capable of performing competitor analysis, backlink research, rank tracking, website audit and more.
- The keywords explorer tool provides phrases that are relevant to your search term, including monthly search volumes, keyword difficulty levels for ranking, search demand patterns, and more.
- The rank-tracking tool has a user-friendly interface for tracking keywords and compares keyword rankings over time with competitors' websites.
- The Ahrefs content explorer can help you with content ideas and suggest new link-building opportunities relevant to your business niche.
Ahrefs offers both monthly and annual plans. With a yearly payment, you'll get two months free.
- Lite (for novice digital marketers and freelancers) costs around $83 per month.
- Basic: $166 per month for small businesses and marketing departments.
- Advanced: $333 per month for marketing teams and expanding enterprises.
- Agency: $833 per month for big businesses and agencies
Ubersuggest is a small business SEO tool that enables businesses to improve their overall SEO efforts. The tool comes with price options suitable for individuals, small companies, and large corporations.
- It provides an overview of domain details such as DA, age, and so on.
- Let’s the users examine the website's top-performing pages based on keywords.
- Provide suggestions for keywords depending on your industry and competition.
- Generate new content ideas based on trends and competition.
- It gives a list of rivals' backlinks in order to outperform them.
There is a 7-day free trial and three premium options which makes a perfect option for small business owners.
- Individual – $12/month
- Small Business – $20/month
- Enterprise /Agency – $40/month
Google Analytics is the heart and soul of all SEO tools for businesses. Every business should make sure its website is integrated with a Google Analytics (GA) tag. Google Analytics is a small business SEO tool for analyzing website traffic and checking user behaviour.te.
- You can observe which channels visitors come from using Google Analytics, such as organic search traffic from Googling and other search engines, social networking sites, and other websites.
- You may also see physical location data such as city and state, which can be useful for determining traffic quality and effectiveness for local or service-area firms.
- Google Analytics makes it simple to see how visitors interact with your site, such as which web pages they visit, in what sequence, and for how long.
- Google Search Console (GSC) can be connected to Google Analytics, allowing you to access insights for pages and phrases from GSC in Google Analytics.
- You may use Google Analytics to measure transformation actions including online form responses, as well as whether a certain webpage or set of product pages was visited, a link was visited, or a call was made (call tracking software required).
Google Analytics comes with a free as well as paid service. A free Google Analytics account is sufficient for small businesses. However, for large corporations, Google offers Analytics 360, a subscription version with more advanced capabilities such as limitless data and information.
To monitor the performance of any website, Google Search Console is the most sophisticated tool. Another free SEO tool that small organisations should use to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot site visibility in Google Search results is Google Search Console (GSC), previously Google Webmaster Tools. Google Search Console offers data regarding your website presence and the performance of the keywords on Google. With the ability to analyze numerous metrics, it is one of the best technical SEO tools that helps to figure out errors in a website.
To use Google Search Console, simply log in to your Google account and sign up. Add your website property and then validate your site using one of the ways offered.
- Using the URL inspection feature, you can track the indexing status of your pages on Google
- To speed up or smoothen the page indexing process, you can submit your website's XML sitemap file.
- The Search Results section on GSC offers data on total page impressions, total page clicks, average ctr, and average position.
- You can track also different metrics of your website like top queries, top ranking pages, devices used to access any page, countries, etc
- Search Console detects and finds issues that may be blocking any page from being indexed by Google.
- Google Search Console determines if your site's pages are smartphone-friendly and contain tools to assist you to identify loading and performance concerns.
- You can check the backlinks pointing to your website using Search Console to maintain a good link profile. In case of any spammy website linked to your page, Disvow tools let you ignore the link and avoid any penalties.
It is completely free of cost.
Google Data Studio can be a very effective small business SEO tool to interpret and analyze website performance data. Google Data Studio is an online SEO reporting tool that gathers data from a variety of sources, including Google Analytics and Google Search Console, as well as SEMrush and Salesforce. You can create new reports and customize them based on the SEO KPIs to track for your campaign.
- Data from many sources are combined into a single report.
- Data can be filtered based on locations, devices, and channels.
- Reporting is automated using customized schedules.
- With built-in templates, it generates several sorts of data visualization.
Google Data Studio is available for free.
Screaming Frog is an SEO crawler tool that can crawl and analyze any website to find on-page and technical SEO issues. To use this software. you must first download its file and install it to your Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu system.
- It can crawl the data of thousands of pages for page titles, headers, and meta tags like meta description, picture tags, and word count, among other important SEO elements
- Screaming Frog detects page URL problems quickly, including broken links (404s), needless page redirects, redirect chains and loops, and possible server failures.
- It can be helpful to analyze the website’s internal links and anchor texts. This can be crucial to improve the website's internal link structure.
- Screaming Frog’s free edition allows you to crawl up to 500 URLs, while the paid version allows you to crawl an unlimited number of page URLs.
Screaming Frog offers both a free and premium version. The free version can crawl up to 500 URLs which makes it an amazing small business SEO tool. The annual fee starts from £239 Euros per licence.
Google’s PageSpeed Insights is an effective tool to analyze web page speed and find issues related to it. Page speed has a huge impact on the customer experience. It is also one of the primary ranking factors for Google. Additionally, a page that takes too long to load could have an increased bounce rate, lowering conversion for the business. This tool can be super useful for an SEO campaign, to understand page speed and enhance it for a better user experience.
- It provides a page with a score between 1 to 100, based on the time it takes to load for a user. A higher score means better page load time, whereas a lower score signifies the page load time is poor.
- Helps to find any third-party code that is being processed while your page loads, such as WordPress plugins, which might slow down your site's performance.
It is free of cost.
Just like PageSpeed Insights, GTmetrix is another great resource to check your website speed and performance. GTmetrix functions as an objective proxy, evaluating the time it takes for a website to load. The latest version of GTMetrix uses Lighthouse to generate a comprehensive analysis of a website's performance. By using GTmetrix, small businesses can check their website speed performance for different locations where they offer their services.
- Get an overview of important performance metrics.
- Monitor performance via monitoring, graphing, and alerts.
- Test your page from various locations.
- Examine your website on mobile devices.
- Options for advanced analysis for even more insights
- The video playback page loads.
GTMetrix offers four monthly or annual subscription levels. Annual billing might save you up to 15%.
- Basic: Free — The basics to start your performance journey.
- Solo: $10.67 per month — A minimal plan for those who need more features and on-demand tests.
- Starter: $21.25 per month — Great for freelancers or small businesses to start monitoring performance.
- Premium: $42.50 per month — Best for those who need more monitoring for multiple pages and scenarios.
Xenu’s Link Sleuth is an SEO tool that can help business websites to crawl and examine their internal and external links. The tool scans your whole website to find broken links. With this tool's help, you can fix such links and avoid offering a poor experience to the users landing on a broken page.
- Can crawl even on SSL-enabled websites.
- Displays an updated list of broken URLs and has the ability to recheck on demand.
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth tool is free to download and use.
W3C Markup Validation is an SEO tool for technical analysis that small businesses can use. It is a free tool offered by World Wide Web Consortium. By using the tool to validate your HTML codes, you can make it easy to crawl and understand for search engine bots. It can be beneficial to improve your SEO rankings as well.
- W3C Markup validator validates the markup of HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, and other Web pages of your website.
- HTML Validator: This validator verifies the markup validity of online documents written in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, and other markup languages.
- CSS Validator: This validator verifies the CSS correctness of HTML, XHTML, and other online pages.
This tool is free to use
14. Google Trends
Finding new trending topics can be extremely valuable to make content plans. Google Trends is one of the best SEO tools for small businesses that can generate trending topics on Google Web Search, Image Search, News Search, Google Shopping, and YouTube Search. Once you search for any term, it comes up with a list of keyword suggestions that are in demand for any selected region.
- Offers list of different topics with a graph representing interest over time.
- Compare the level of interest between keywords.
- Check interest of any query for any particular region, sub-region or city.
- Check historical data for any term.
It is a free tool.
Finding keywords that have higher relevance to your business can be a boon. Keywoordtool.io is a tool that uses Google Autocomplete to produce a list of long-tail keywords related to your search phrase. It can be an effective SEO tool for companies that mainly focus on driving traffic using unique keyword targeting methods.
- Find long-tail keywords fetched from Google.
- Find ideas based on your target platform. It can suggest keywords for Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, eBay, Play Store, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Get up to 750+ long-tail keyword ideas for free service.
You can use the basic features for free. For businesses with higher needs, this SEO tool comes with a Pro version that is paid. They offer three paid plans:
- Pro-business: $159 / month
- Pro-plus: $79 / month
- Pro-basic: $69 / month
Google Keyword Planner is a small business SEO tool that allows businesses to analyze existing keywords and discover new ones. It is an integrated part of Google Ads and is mostly used for PPC queries. But if used smartly, it can add a lot of value to your SEO project as well. During the initial stage of research, this tool can help you to get started by offering ideas to dig deeper.
- Search and find keywords based on the target country
- By entering your competitor's page URL on the tool, you can unveil their target keywords
- Offers crucial metrics like monthly search volume, SEO difficulty, etc for given phrases that can help in the strategy.
Google Keyword Planner is free to use with a Google Ads account.
Nightwatch is a cloud SEO tracking tool for businesses that includes keeping a check on backlink, keywords, SEO audits, etc. Users can also keep track of competitor’s content also gets very simple with Nightwatch.
- Nightwatch gives daily keyword position updates across a range of search engines, including Google, Bing, Yahoo!, and DuckDuckGo.
- It can compare keyword rank history over time by tracking keywords across multiple locations
- Assists in tracking and analysing your backlink profile and finding new backlink opportunities
- Track a website and find technical SEO issues.
Nightwatch offers 14 days of a free trial, making it one of the best SEO tools for small businesses. The basic feature starts at $32/month to track 250 keywords, 50 websites, 5 competitors, and more.
Google My Business (GMB) profile is an SEO tool useful for locally based businesses. It can be used to enhance the online presence of any business. By optimizing GMB profile, you can drive traffic to your website or store from Google searches and maps in your area. People looking for a business similar to yours can find you easily if you have a GMB profile.
- Collect customer reviews to improve your online brand reputation.
- Add valuable information about your business that can help customers know more about your business.
- Create posts to share the latest updates and offers about your business.
- Enables users to call, book appointments, find business directions, etc.
You can create an account on Google My Business at zero cost.
BrightLocal provides a suite of local SEO tools that companies can use to monitor their local search efforts. Brightlocal can be used to track online reviews, citations and local search activities.
- Local Search Grid: provides local rankings at particular locations around your business.
- Local Rank Tracker: Monitor local rankings with pinpoint precision and identify the greatest prospects for traffic growth.
- Citation Tracker: Identify problems with business listings and possibilities to improve exposure.
- Google My Business Audit
- Local Search Audit.
- Monitor Reviews.
- Citation Builder.
- Local Data Aggregators
BrightLocal offers 14 days of a free trial. It has 3 paid options.
- Single business: $29/ mo
- Multi business: $49/ mo
- SEO pro: $79/ mo
20. MozBar Extention
MozBar Extention is one of the most widely used SEO tools by small businesses to analyze a website’s quality. It displays a site's domain authority, page authority, and a number of backlinks once you click on the extension. MozBar determines the authority of any website based on the quality and relevancy of the backlink the site possesses. It coins the term DA & PA to define the authority of a website on a scale of 1 to 100.
- Displays SEO on-page elements, link metrics, status codes, etc. on a page
- Defines the quality of a site by offering Domain and Page authority score
- Export the results of your SERP study to a CSV file.
MozBar is free for basic functions, but for premium features, you must upgrade to Mozpro. The standard pricing starts from $99/mo.
SEOquake is a free-to-use SEO tool offered by SEMrush for businesses. SEOquake comes in handy to perform a basic SEO audit of any website. It offers data on different on-page and technical SEO elements, SEO difficulty, keyword density, etc. in just one click, making it one of the best software for small businesses.
- SEOquake gives on-page SEO data like page titles, meta tags, headings, alt tags, etc.
- Provides information on internal links on a page.
- Finds the density of keywords used on a page.
- Let’s import the data on a CSV file.
It is a free plugin.
Content is the most important aspect of any SEO strategy. For any website to rank and drive traffic, having a content plan is mandatory. This is where Surfer can help. Surfer is a comprehensive SEO software that small businesses can use for content planning, content ideas and content auditing. Surfer also helps in keyword research and SERP analysis.
- Suggests 500+ SEO parameters and the top 50 ranking pages for your target keyword.
- Assists in generating a blog outline for any given title
- Surfer’s Content editor tool enhances your blogs by recommending which terms and phrases to target, topics to cover, the estimated number of words, etc.
- Content SEO audit provides a report on keyword density, page load quality, words to bold etc.
Surfer has three set monthly or yearly subscriptions with a 7-day money-back guarantee. Annual billing might save you up to 17%.
- Basic: $59 per month, which includes 10 content editors and 20 content audits each month.
- Pro: $119 per month — 30 content editors and 60 NLP-enhanced audits.
- Business: $239 per month - 70 content editors, 140 audits, NLP, white labelling, and API access.
Another small business SEO tool that must be adopted for its content strategy is Answer The Public. This tool extracts data from search engines' autocomplete and offers tons of question-type queries. You can leverage it to find out what people are searching for on the topic and create content around it. It can assist you in identifying long-tail keywords that can be implemented in SEO content strategy.
- Offers a list of interrogative queries related to the searched term along with CPC and search volume for keywords.
- Phrases are segregated based on alphabetical, prepositions, questions, etc.
- Has the ability to compare keyword history over time
- Ables to organise your research in different folders
- Provides the feature to export results to a CSV file
- Offer team workspaces within the tool
The free feature allows up to 3 searches per day. The paid version has three plans
- Individual: $9 USD/month
- Pro: $99 USD/month
- Expert: $199 USD/month
By using the right SEO software for your business, you can save time and money by increasing your search engine visibility and traffic. This comprehensive list of the best SEO tools for smaller firms should provide you with everything you need to build a good SEO strategy and foundation, measure progress, and achieve exceptional digital marketing outcomes for your company.