Are you having a small local business and thinking about how to help it grow?
Well, whenever it pertains to your local business's website, it's critical that it ranks on the first page of search results. After all, the more people visit your website, the more visibility your company will receive from both current and future clients.
However, it's crucial to understand that since you want your site to show at the top of search engine results doesn't mean it will. According to the local SEO, at first, you must convince Google that your company is deserving of such a prominent placement.
So, how does Google determine whether your site is deserving of being on the first page of search results?
It is not anything in particular that causes it. In reality, it's a combination of providing the appropriate type of data with Google to show that your website provides useful, helpful, useful, and credible content. Some of the criteria, such as producing high-quality material and correctly structuring your website, may seem self-evident. Other techniques, such as completing keyword research and assessing your website's speed, may not be as obvious.
It may seem hard to keep track of all the aspects that go into optimizing your website, given how many there are. To be honest, Google does not expect you to monitor or carefully analyze every area of optimization and to create a result driven SEO strategy on your own. Here's where SEO tools come in handy. These tools perform the heavy job for you, assisting you in identifying areas where you may enhance your website in order to potentially improve your rankings and traffic.
What are the things that you must look for in SEO tools for small businesses?
Here are some things to think about while selecting the finest SEO software for your company:
- Keyword research and monitoring capabilities for a specific geographical location you serve.
- Tools for checking and evaluating the ranks and backlinks of competitors' websites.
- Tools for managing and maintaining local complaints and company listings.
- Tools for keeping tabs on your internet reputation and reviews.
- The ability to assess the performance of a website's traffic and content.
- The ability to generate reports in order to monitor your SEO performance.
However, you must note that there are several excellent SEO solutions for businesses on the market. While some are more specialized, offering niche solutions, several others are comprehensive in nature. So, you must always use a tool based on your SEO requirements.
The Best SEO Tools for small business SEO services
We have compiled a list of the best SEO tools for smaller companies, including Google products, website crawl tools, all-in-one alternatives, and browser extensions, to help you optimize your web pages. To create a rather more research-driven and successful SEO campaign for your small company website, use one or more of these tools.
All-in-one SEO tools:
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a cost-effective all-in-one SEO agency software that includes keywords rank trackers, website audits, keyword analysis tools, link tracking, competition analysis, and other features that complete the full competitor SEO analysis checklist. Due to its customizable price options and similar all-in-one functionality for tracking keywords, studying keywords and rivals, auditing websites, and making reports, SE Ranking has come up as a popular Semrush substitute.
- Using a big updated database, do extensive relevant keywords and competitor analysis for keyword possibilities and backlink origins.
- Invaluable website audits of on-page and off-page SEO concerns, as well as recommendations for solutions.
- The SEO tool has a one-of-a-kind page change tracking feature, allowing you to set up notifications for any changes to your company's website or competitor's websites.
- For you and/or your team, create and schedule thorough SEO reports.
- Use the platform to check social media metrics and publish on Facebook and Twitter.
SE Ranking offers three set monthly or yearly plans, each with multiple price choices based on the number of keywords to follow, how frequently ranking data is updated, and the subscription length. Annual billing might save you up to 20%.
- Essential: For novice marketers and freelancers, starting at $23.40 per month.
- Pro: For businesses and marketing teams, starting at $53.40 per month.
- Business: Monthly rates start at $113.40 for major agencies and businesses.
2. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is an all-in-one tool for site inspections, rank monitoring, and local SEO reporting that is well-known. Moz Pro includes a dependable keyword research service for small businesses, Link Explorer, a backlink analysis tool, and a position monitoring tool for keywords in your targeted locations.
- Compile a list of keywords and queries that people are looking for.
- Use Moz's Search Visibility score to track locally and nationally searches and get an overall view of how you rank.
- Receive alerts when your sites are crawled and audited for bugs and faults.
- Drag-and-drop modules for customizing reports and templates.
Moz Pro offers four monthly or annual subscription levels. Annual billing might save you up to 20%.
- Basic: $99 per month — For inexperienced SEOs and digital marketers.
- Medium (for small enterprises and teams): $179 per month
- Large: $299 per month — For expanding companies and agencies.
- Premium: $599 per month — For large marketing teams and agencies.
SemRush is an SEO platform that includes keyword research tools, backlink analysis, competition analysis, site auditing, and keyword rank tracking, among other features. In terms of the number of capabilities and the volume of SEM, SEO, and PPC data offered, SemRush is now the industry leader among all-in-one SEO solutions.
- Semrush has a great database for finding new keywords linked to your company and sector, including projected local SEO volumes and how tough terms are to rank.
- A comprehensive on-page site audit to ensure that your site pages are optimized for search engines.
- Find new chances by searching, analyzing, and comparing competitor sites in your niche or business in terms of keyword ranks, backlinks, and predicted site traffic.
- Gap assessment capabilities can help you identify subjects and keywords for which you can enhance or add content on your site depending on the content of competitors.
- Create SEO reports for one and/or your employees that are automatically generated.
- Semrush is a profile management add-on that delivers your public business information to directory sites, allows us to manage your Google and Facebook listings from within the program, and keeps track of reviews and customer recommendations.
- Semrush is a suggested collection of SEO tools for small businesses looking for a comprehensive set of tools and services that includes industry-leading keyword analysis, rank tracking, and competition data.
Semrush offers three monthly or yearly fixed subscriptions. Annual billing might save you up to 17%.
- Pro: $119.95 per month for in-house teams and new advertisers.
- Guru: $229.95 per month for businesses and marketing consultants Bus
- Business: $449.95 for major agencies or organizations.
It offers a 7-day trial offer.
Ahrefs is a powerful site explorer tool for rival content optimization, backlink research, AdWords, rank monitoring, and website audit capabilities. With Ahrefs' site explorer tool, you can examine predicted organic search traffic for sites and particular pages, as well as discover where rivals are receiving backlinks from.
- The keywords explorer tool provides a big, constantly updated database of search phrases to investigate depending on your company or rivals, including anticipated monthly search volumes, keyword difficulty levels for ranking, search demand patterns, and more.
- The rank tracking tool has a user-friendly interface for tracking keywords and comparing keyword rankings over time with rival websites.
- The Ahrefs content explorer tool may help you uncover link-building opportunities and low-competition themes for content ideas by analyzing the top-performing material in your field.
- Ahrefs offers a free edition that allows you to utilize their site explorer tool on your own website, with premium subscriptions allowing you to examine rival websites.
Ahrefs offers four monthly or annual fixed plans. With a yearly payment, you'll get two months free.
- Lite (for novice digital marketers and freelancers) costs around $99 per month
- Basic: $179 per month for small businesses and marketing departments.
- Advanced: $399 per month for marketing teams and expanding enterprises.
- Agency: $999 per month for big businesses and agencies.
1. Google Analytics
Every small company owner should make sure their website has a Google Analytics (GA) tag. Google Analytics is a free tool for analyzing website traffic. It is a free service that may help you better understand your website's visitors. Learn about your visitors' origins, how they navigate your site, the most popular pages, the average session length, and more. You may establish up to 100 Analytics accounts, each with one to fifty attributes. A website, mobile phone app, or gadget is referred to as a property in Georgia.
- You can observe which channels visitors come from using Google Analytics, such as organic search traffic from Googling and other search engines, social networking sites, and other websites.
- You may also see physical location data such as city and state, which can be useful for determining traffic quality and effectiveness for local or service-area firms.
- Google Analytics makes it simple to see how visitors interact with your site, such as which web pages they visit, in what sequence, and for how long.
- Google Search Console (GSC) can be connected to Google Analytics, allowing you to access insights for pages and phrases from GSC in Google Analytics.
- You may use Google Analytics to measure transformation actions including online form responses, as well as whether a certain webpage or set of product pages was visited, a link was visited, or a call was made (call tracking software required).
Google Analytics is a paid-for service that may be used for free. A free Google Analytics account is sufficient for most organizations. However, for large businesses, Google offers Analytics 360, a subscription version with more advanced capabilities such as limitless data and information.
Google Search Console
Another free SEO tool that small companies should use to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot site visibility in Google Search results is Google Search Console (GSC), previously Google Webmaster Tools.
Google Search Console aids in the management of your website's presence in Google Search as well as the detection of possible problems. Simply log in to your Google account, build a different website property and then validate your site using one of the ways offered. It also allows you to upload sitemaps, update pages, check whether your pages are appropriately crawled in Google Search, make sure your pages are mobile-friendly, examine keyword rankings, clicks, and engagements detected by Google, and more.
- To request speedy indexing of your site material into Google Search, submit your website's XML sitemap file (typically auto-generated by your online platform or a plugin like RankMath or Yoast if using WordPress) and fresh website pages.
- Use Search Console to see which pages are indexed and displayed in the Google SERPs, as well as which Google searches or Web searches are producing search results and driving clicks to your website.
- Search Console detects sites that may be prohibited from being indexed by Google, as well as any website fines driven by concerns such as link spam or keyword-stuffed low-quality material.
- Google Search Console determines if your site's pages are smartphone-friendly and contain tools to assist you to identify loading and performance concerns.
- Check quality backlinks going to your website that the Search engine has noticed, as well as inbound links within your pages, using Google Search Console.
It is completely free of cost.
Google Data Studio:
Google Data Studio is an all-in-one reporting tool that gathers data from a variety of sources, including Google Analytics and Google Search Console, as well as SEMrush and Salesforce.
- Data from many sources are combined into a single report.
- Data can be filtered based on locations, devices, and channels.
- Reporting is automated using customized schedules.
- With built-in templates, it generates several sorts of data visualization.
Google Data Studio is available for free.
Technical SEO Tools:
Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler that can swiftly analyze your website and rival sites for on-site issues and possibilities. It allows the user to utilize Screaming Frog SEO software. You must first download it to Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu and can swiftly scan your whole company website for problems and possibilities. This web crawler program may also be used to search rival websites for information such as the average number of words per page, titles and meta-descriptions, and internal linkages between pages.
- Scanning hundreds of web pages for page titles, headers, and meta tags like meta description, picture tags, and word count, among other things.
- Screaming Frog detects page URL problems quickly, including broken links (404s), needless page redirects, redirect chains and loops, and possible server failures.
- You may use the site web crawler to evaluate internal links going to pages, including anchor text, to determine if they can be enhanced or if pages might utilize more or fewer internal links.
- Use tree graph site visualizations to see your website's design and analyze internal connections and page URL structure.
- The software tool's free edition allows you to crawl up to 500 URLs for free, while the paid version allows you to crawl unlimited URLs.
Screaming Frog offers both a free and premium version (crawl up to 500 URLs). The annual fee for the paid license is £149 Euros.
Google Page Speed Insights
PageSpeed Insights is a handy method to see how fast particular website pages load and whether there are any performance concerns. Because page speed has an impact on the customer experience and is a primary search rankings factor for both Google Search and Ads, it's crucial to understand how Google sees your site's performance.
- Look for any third-party code that is being processed while your page loads, such as WordPress plugins, which might slow down your site's performance.
It is free of cost.
GTmetrix functions as an objective proxy, evaluating the time it takes for a website to load. GTMetrix genuinely uses Google PageSpeed Insights, Waterfalls, and YSlow to generate a comprehensive analysis of a website's performance.
In addition to a current state study, GTmetrix will support clients in visualizing historical load speed statistics for each page.
- Get an overview of important performance metrics.
- Monitor performance via monitoring, graphing, and alerts.
- Test your page from various locations.
- Examine your website on mobile devices.
- Options for advanced analysis for even more insights
- The video playback page loads.
GTMetrix offers four monthly or annual subscription levels. Annual billing might save you up to 15%.
- Basic: Free — The basics to start your performance journey.
- Solo: $10.67 per month — A minimal plan for those who need more features and on-demand tests.
- Starter: $21.25 per month — Great for freelancers or small businesses to start monitoring performance.
- Premium: $42.50 per month — Best for those who need more monitoring for multiple pages and scenarios.
Xenu’s Link Sleuth:
Broken links must be removed if you wish to boost your website's SEO rankings. This is something that Xenu's Link Sleuth can help you with. The tool scans your whole website for broken links. This e-tool specifically assists you in:
- Look for any broken links on your website.
- Work on SSL-enabled websites.
- Displays an updated list of broken URLs and has the ability to recheck on demand.
Xenu tool is free to download and use.
W3C Markup Validation:
W3C Markup validator validates the markup of HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, and other Web pages of your website. Other validators and tools are available if you want to validate specific material, such as RSS/Atom feeds or CSS stylesheets, MobileOK content, or broken links. You may also try our non-DTD-based validator.
HTML Validator: This validator verifies the markup validity of online documents written in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, and other markup languages.
CSS Validator: This validator verifies the CSS correctness of HTML, XHTML, and other online pages.
This tool is free to use
Keyword Research Tools:
Google trend is a free tool that website owners may use to do basic keyword trend research and monitor search query trends in their local locations. To gain a sense of search demand patterns and interest for a specific search query in a specific place, use Google Trends. Google Web Search, Image Search, News Search, Google Shopping, and YouTube Search are all good places to look for term trends.
- Evaluate different search queries and get a graph of interest (use) over time for each.
- Gain insight into the seasonal fluctuations for web searches linked to your company and the areas you service.
- Acquire the most popular and trending relevant subjects and search queries, which may set you out phrases and themes to investigate deeper and develop content.
It is a free tool.
The Keyword Tool makes it simple to locate unique keywords. Keyword Tool may assist your company's first keyword research by swiftly providing keyword and subject suggestions for use in your website content. Behind the scenes, the tool leverages Google Autocomplete to produce a list of long-tail relevant keywords from similar queries that also include your input term.
- Find tens of thousands of fresh long-tail keywords for any topic, including your company specialty, products, and services.
- Find fresh keyword ideas using Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, eBay, Play Store, Instagram, and Twitter search engine results.
- With the free edition of Keyword Tool, you may get up to 750+ long-tail keyword recommendations for each search phrase you submit.
- You may filter keyword results by particular terms or exclude certain words entirely.
- Keyword Tool's free plan is ideal for keyword research in the early stages and does not require an account to use.
This is the most affordable SEO software that offers both free as well as paid versions.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a keyword research tool that allows you to find new keywords that are relevant to your company. While Keyword Planner is part of Google Advertisements and is most commonly used to do keyword research for online ads and see pay-per-click (PPC) pricing statistics, it may still be beneficial for SEO, and you can use it for free if you create a Google Ads account.
- You may use Keyword Planner to find new and related keywords that people are looking for and bidding on in Google Ads, which can help you uncover keyword search demands and competition levels when deciding which keywords and similar subjects to write about.
- In addition to searching by keyword, you can input your website URL or the URL of a competitor's website to identify new keywords to target.
- While Google Keyword Planner shows average monthly search figures for terms, you can only view ranges like 1k-10k unless you have a Google Ads campaign going, which would show specific search volume statistics.
- The Google Ads Keyword Tool is a great place to start when looking for keywords before moving on to an SEO tool that can help you dig deeper.
Google Ads has a free tool called Google Keyword Planner.
Rank Tracking Tools:
Nightwatch is low-cost, high-powered SEO automation software that includes link tracking, site assessments, and scheduled reports, as well as precise rank monitoring down to the zip code level. It is suggested for watching a large number of keywords for your company site and, optionally, competition sites with weekly rank changes, at a low cost. Keep track of keywords for several locations or service areas.
- Nightwatch gives daily keyword position updates across a range of search engines, including Google, Bing, Yahoo!, and DuckDuckGo, as well as easy ways to classify, organize, and filter terms.
- The rank tracker tool allows you to connect to any Google Data Center in the world, providing super-accurate query rank information down to the state, city, town, and postal codes level.
- One of the best SEO rank tracking data for multi-location and service-area firms is because you can compare keyword ranks over time by tracking keywords across many local regions and competing websites.
- It has the ability to examine ranking achievement for groups of keywords, specific pages, locations, platforms, and search engines is simplified thanks to powerful segmenting tools.
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console may be combined to provide new and aesthetically attractive methods to view your website data in one location.
- Nightwatch's $39/month basic subscription includes up to 500 daily keyword analyses, 50 websites monitored, and 5,000 pages for site audits.
Nightwatch offers three monthly or annual fixed subscriptions. Annual billing might save you up to 20%.
- Starter: $39 per month: Ideal for freelancers, small businesses, and marketers on a budget.
- Enhance $99 per month: For advertising firms and expanding SMBs.
- Agency: $369 per month: For major agencies and corporations.
Nightwatch offers a 14-day free trial.
Local SEO tools:
Google My Business
Establishing a free Google My Business (GMB) profile for local businesses with a physical address and service-area businesses is suggested to boost your exposure on Google Search and Maps for the places you serve. You can c Create a Google Business Profile to help people locate your company when they use Google Search or Google Maps. This might happen when individuals look for your brand or look for items or services in your area.
- Having a Google My Business page allows consumers to submit evaluations of your business on Google, which may help you outrank competitors in local searches, create trust and reputation, and generate new leads and sales.
- A Google My Business profile is a great method to show public business information for local searches and possible consumers, such as a business description, business hours, images, a link back to your website, and other valuable features based on your type of business.
- GMB gives information on how frequently and for which search queries your company listing appears in local search and Google Maps results, as well as business navigation inquiries, phone calls, photo views, as well as other visitor interactions.
You can create an account on Google My Business at zero cost.
BrightLocal provides a suite of local SEO tools and services such as a local rank tracker, a local grid view rank tracker, a local search audit, a Google My Business audit, online reputation and review management, citation building, and a local data aggregator service.
- Local Search Grid: provides local rankings at particular locations around your business.
- Local Rank Tracker: Monitor local rankings with pinpoint precision and identify the greatest prospects for traffic growth.
- Citation Tracker: Identify problems with business listings and possibilities to improve exposure.
- Google My Business Audit
- Local Search Audit.
- Monitor Reviews.
- Citation Builder.
- Local Data Aggregators
BrightLocal offers four monthly or yearly options. With a yearly payment, you may get two months free.
- Single Business: $29 per month — For single-location enterprises and marketing agencies with up to three locations.Multi Business: $49 per month — For mid-sized enterprises and expanding agencies with up to six locations.
- SEO Pro: $79 per month — A comprehensive service for companies and marketing agencies with up to 100 locations.
- Just Reviews: $8 per month per location — A dedicated plan for tracking, generating, and displaying reviews.
- The citation creation service begins at $2 per citation.
BrightLocal is offering a 14-day free trial.
Ubersuggest is an all-in-one SEO solution with price options for individuals, small companies, and large corporations. Its primary goal is to generate fresh keyword suggestions based on long-tail variants of search phrases. These are the search phrases with a low search volume and degree of competitiveness. Ubersuggest will also give keyword statistics and analytics, such as search volume.
Ubersuggest also allows you to use a term as a query. This is useful in marketing since it allows you to evaluate what solutions you can provide to searchers. The tool is also useful for comparisons and prepositions, demonstrating how to turn your term into phrases.
- Domain Overview: to provide an overview of domain details such as DA, age, and so on.
- Top SEO Pages: To examine the website's top-performing pages based on keywords.
- Keyword Suggestions: suggestions for keywords depending on your industry and competition.
- New content ideas based on trends and competition.
- Backlink data: gives a list of rivals' backlinks in order to outperform them.
There is a 7-day free trial and three premium options (Individual – $12/month, Small Business – $20/month, Enterprise /Agency – $40/month).
WP Rocket is a premium WordPress caching plugin with three pricing options:
- Single: $49 for a year of maintenance and updates for one website.
- Plus: $99 for one year of maintenance and updates covering use on three websites.
- Infinite: $249 for one year of maintenance and updates covering usage on an infinite number of websites.
Free Chrome Extensions:
MozBar analyses the authority of websites in the search engines on a scale of 0 - 100. As you search, MozBar provides link metrics for domains and pages. It displays a site's domain authority, page authority, and a number of backlinks. You may also explore other page components and search results from other engines, nations, regions, or locations. With a Moz Pro membership, MozBar allows you to perform an infinite number of page optimization reports.
- Find and highlight keywords on a page, then categorize links as Followed, No-Followed, External, or Internal.
- Displays all Page components, general properties, markup, link metrics, and HTTP status.
- Using Page Authority and Domain Authority, you can quickly determine the likelihood of ranking.
- Export the results of your SERP study to a CSV file.
MozBar is free for basic functions, but for premium features, you must upgrade with Mozpro.
Semrush, a premier all-in-one best SEO tool for small businesses, offers SEOquake as a free Google Chrome browser extension. While not as comprehensive or feature-rich as the entire Semrush platform, SEOquake is a handy free tool for getting high-level domain insights and performing basic web webpage assessments for websites that rank in Google's search listings. It offers free tools for testing SEO analytics on a website on the go.
- SEOquake gives a flexible basic SEO audit to diagnose any website page, as well as some quick advice besides the accomplished page analysis, to ensure that your company's website is free of important flaws.
- Estimate the size and importance of a website depending on the number of pages indexed and its estimated visibility to it.
- Analyze keyword terms you use on your site pages and terms used by rivals that you might wish to include by checking the keyword density of a website page.
- All of the following SEO insights may be found by scanning rival pages using the SEOquake browser plugin.
It is a free plugin.
Content Ideas Tools:
Surfer is a comprehensive SEO software that includes data-driven tools for keyword research, content planning, content ideas, content auditing, SERP analysis, and SEO content optimization.
Create content that includes on-page SEO advice based on algorithms that examine 500+ parameters and the top 50 Google rival pages for your target keyword phrase.
- Content Planner - Create a content strategy and plan your content.
- You can discover the most profitable keyword options.
- Brief - Create a unique AI outline with AI headers and paragraphs.
- Content Editor - Write with guidelines and receive content recommendations.
- Full Audit - With a Full Audit, you may optimize current pages and dominate your niche.
Surfer has three set monthly or yearly subscriptions. Annual billing might save you up to 17%.
- Basic: $59 per month, which includes 10 content editors and 20 content audits each month.
- Pro: $119 per month — 30 content editors and 60 NLP-enhanced audits.
- Business: $239 per month - 70 content editors, 140 audits, NLP, white labeling, and API access.
7-Day Money-Back Guarantee from Surfer SEO
Answer The Public:
Answer The Public is an excellent tool that generates a list of questions based on your keyword, which it extracts from search engines such as Google auto-complete. You can leverage it to find out what people are searching for on the topic and create content around it. It can assist you in identifying long-tail keywords and creating an SEO customer persona.
- It monitors and notifies us of new suggestions.
- Data is compared over time.
- give the ability to export results to CSV
- Hides unwanted branches and suggestions.
- To showcase insights, we can export high-resolution images.
- We can create a workspace for the team.
The free edition has a daily limit of 3 search reports per day.
- Monthly: $99/month -- Cancel anytime.
- Best value Annual: $79/month -- Pay $948. Billed yearly.
- Search Listening: Expert $199/month -- Cancel anytime.
SEO software products may help you save time and money while also increasing your company's exposure in local search results, resulting in more leads and sales with help of the right local SEO services in India. This comprehensive list of the best SEO tools for smaller firms should provide you with everything you need to build a good SEO strategy and foundation, measure progress, and achieve exceptional digital marketing outcomes for your company.
Read More: How to Find The Right SEO Service in 2022?